Usage and Benefits
The body needs a specific amount of vitamins and minerals to function properly, but the demands of everyday life might make it challenging to get them. Vitamin(s) therapy ensures that cells obtain the nutrients they require to function, by delivering minerals the body can absorb and use right away.
Intravenous vitamin treatment bypasses the digestive process and delivers water and nutrients straight to your circulation. Vitamin drip is a form of IV treatment that delivers vitamins and minerals to the body quickly. IV treatment was previously only used in hospitals for patient recovery, but it is becoming increasingly popular as medical specialists find its incredible benefits in complementary health practices. A variety of bodily systems benefit from the proper cell functioning.
Methods of Administration
IV treatment can be administered using either a manual or computerized pump. It is performed by inserting a needle into the patient’s arm. Because it administers medicine, antibiotics, or hydration directly into the bloodstream, this method enables far more efficiency in the treatment of chronic diseases.
Similar, in case of vitamins, the same happens. Vitamins are delivered into the body through a catheter. The vitamins are absorbed straight into the bloodstream once inside your body. IV vitamins therapies guarantee that nutrients are given straight to the circulation and are made instantaneously available by the body for use.
The benefits of Intravenous Vitamin therapy
1. Preventing illness
Stress, lack of sleep, and a poor diet are just a few of the factors that may cause chaos for our immune system. We become more prone to illness when your immune system deteriorates. Intravenous vitamin treatment boosts our immunity by supplying our body with the nutrition it requires to fight sickness.
What vitamins prevent and fight illness and in what way?
- B12 promotes healthy blood and nervous system function while assisting in cellular repair.
- Zinc, an immune booster, acts as a preventative measure to guarantee that sickness doesn’t have a chance.
- Vitamin C protects against sickness and stress.
2. Enhancing well-being
Health encompasses not just your physical but also your mental well-being. To function properly, our body requires a specific amount of vitamins and minerals, which might be difficult to achieve due to the responsibilities of everyday life.
What vitamins enhance your wellness and in what way?
- B vitamins help you have more energy.
- L-Carnitine contributes to the production of energy.
- Vitamin A is good for your brain, skin, muscles, heart, and immune system.
3. More beautiful
Beautiful inside and out. Unlike topical treatments, intravenous vitamin therapy provides antioxidants directly to the body and cleans cells of free radicals, which cause aging and tissue damage.
What vitamins enhance your beauty and in what way?
- B-complex vitamins are helpful for hair and nail health.
- Vitamin C is essential for healthy, young, bright skin because it helps stimulate collagen synthesis, which promotes firmer and smoother skin.
- Glutathione is one of the most powerful antioxidants for combating the physiological effects of aging and oxidative stress.
4. Faster athletic recovery
Whether we are talking about professionals or amateurs, any workout causes the body to get exhausted. Muscle fatigue occurs as a result of exercise, as well as a buildup of free radicals. IV vitamin therapy eliminates these symptoms while also restoring water and minerals.
What vitamins help you recover faster and in what way?
- Athletes recover considerably quicker with instant hydration and nutrition delivery, which means their performance increases as well.
- Amino acids help to prevent muscle loss and boost metabolism.
5. Rapid hangover relief
Alcohol dehydrates you while also depleting your body of nutrients. This causes tissue to shrink, especially in the brain, resulting in headaches and muscular pains. Toxins are also produced by the liver, which add to the pain of a hangover. These hangover symptoms are “treated” with IV therapy as complementary treatment.
What vitamins help you recover faster and in what way?
- Hydration aids with headaches, urinary and renal issues, and other hangover symptoms.
- Pain is immediately relieved by combining hydration with anti-inflammatory substances in a saline solution.
Frequently asked questions
1. WHO CAN ADMINISTER INTRAVENOUS VITAMIN THERAPY?
The IV must be supervised by a medical doctor and administered by the nurse practitioner as indicated.
At our center, dr. Adriana Feher, internal medicine specialist, will be in charge of your safety and well-being during the intravenous vitamin therapy. She will make sure that everything goes according to plan, and will be ready to interfere at any time if side effects come up.
2. WHICH ONE IS MORE EFFICIENT? ORAL ADMINISTRATION OR INTRAVENOUS ADMINISTRATION?
Oral supplements were proven to provide only 30-80% absorption, while intravenous vitamin treatment offers almost 100% absorption, delivering the nutritive substances much faster.
3. HOW LONG DOES IV THERAPY LAST?
The usual IV therapy lasts 45 minutes to an hour, depending on numerous medical factors. The vitamins in an IV infusion stay in your system and sustain your leves for 2-3 weeks.
4. HOW OFTEN CAN YOU PERFORM IV VITAMIN THERAPY?
This varies depending on the health status of the patient. Six rounds of vitamins complementary therapy are enough for people with medical issues to begin. A few cycles, followed by once a month or biweekly treatment, is typically appropriate for those looking for a general boost in energy and vigor.
5. WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF INTRAVENOUS VITAMIN THERAPY?
As the IV fluids replace hydration and electrolytes, your body will feel the benefits almost immediately. A large majority of people instantly feel invigorated and refreshed.
However, side effects may develop if the vitamins are administered by unqualified providers or negligent practices. In extremely rare cases, different side effects may occur despite the recommendation for vitamins. Some people have encountered side effects from vitamin IV therapy, such as:
- Infection at the injection site
- Vein inflammation
- Blood clots
- Air embolism