It is well known that integrative medicine has advanced enormously in recent years. The oxygen-ozone mixture has become a therapeutic agent and a medicinal treatment for a wide range of disorders, and HOCATT sauna therapy is – without a doubt – proof of that.
Continue reading this article to learn more about what it means, how it works, its modalities, benefits, as well as its side effects. And if at the end of it, you are curious and willing to give it a try, make an appointment at Ozone Therapy & Vitamins Center.
What does HOCATT stand for?
First of all, we should clarify what HOCATT means. It stands for Hyperthermic Ozone & Carbonic Acid Transdermal Therapy.
Now, let’s break down the abbreviation:
- Hyperthermia is a condition in which your body’s internal temperature rises. This increases your metabolic rate, burns fat cells, and eliminates infection-causing microorganisms;
- Ozone therapy is a type of oxygen therapy in which more oxygen is provided to the cells;
- The Carbonic Acid treatment aims to shift your nervous system from the sympathetic mode (fight-or-flight), to the parasympathetic mode (rest and digest), allowing you to relax, digest your food, and feel at ease. Once you’ve gotten out of the fight-or-flight mode, you can use your body’s reserves to fully restore yourself;
- The final two letters indicate the method that is used in the process: Transdermal Technology. Its health benefits are absorbed into the body through the pores of the skin.
It is the answer to all our prayers when it comes to promoting health and wellbeing. Did you know that blood samples from newborns contained roughly 287 toxins, according to a 2005 study? Imagine how many chemicals we have been exposed to throughout our lives if a newborn is exposed to that many. These toxins have a severe and harmful impact on the immune system. However, HOCATT therapy saves the day by transforming our immune system into the ideal healing network.
HOCATT therapy is a medical treatment that involves the use of ozone gas. Ozone (O3) is another type of oxygen (O2). The difference is that you can call it SuperOxygen, since it has an additional oxygen molecule. The ultimate goals of this therapy are strategic wellbeing and vitality.
HOCATT therapy seeks to improve the immune system, increase circulation, improve energy, and detoxify the body at the cellular level. You will receive health boosting and regenerating support from the 9 various modalities running at the same time during the therapeutical session, while you relax in the warm and pleasant ambiance of the HOCATT sauna.
How does the HOCATT therapy work?
The average duration of a HOCATT session is 30 minutes. Ozone Therapy & Vitamins Center’s system mixes hyperthermia vapor (40-42 degrees Celsius) with oxygen and ozone at lower concentrations (5 g/NmL). The clinic applies O2/O3 at a lower concentration (5-10 g/NmL) for quasi-total-body exposure.
The process in 3 steps:
- CO2 enters the chamber for the first 3-8 minutes of the session and interacts with the steam to form carbonic acid (CA). The CA and steam irrigate the skin and enter the circulation and lymph system through the pores. It also dilates the capillary and blood vessels, resulting in a 25% increase in blood circulation throughout the body. This also pulls more blood to the skin’s surface, enhancing the transdermal ozone’s effects. More than this, the carbonic acid relaxes the central nervous system while stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system, which helps to relieve tension and stress in the spine and muscles.
- After the completion of the CA cycle, the ozone cycle begins and lasts for the rest of the session. On the skin’s surface, ozone interacts with steam (H2O) to produce H2O2. The H2O2 enters the circulation and lymph system after being partially absorbed through the dilated pores. It has to be mentioned that one of the most important benefits of ozone is that it improves energy and activates the body’s natural anti-oxidant mechanism. Viruses are inactivated, and bacterial and fungal infections are eradicated. When compared to regular ozone saunas, the absorption of H2O2 is up to 2x as much due to the carbonic acid pre-cycle.
- The whole volume of the ozone and oxygen steam combination is extracted into the external ozone destructor at the end of the session. This is done in order to prevent it from escaping into the room when the door opens.
The HOCATT sauna looks like a ceramic pod. Once you have sat in the chair, the doors are closed with your head outside the pod, allowing you to see everything that is going on in the room. As you breathe in oxygen using an oxygen mask, a soft cloth supports your neck.
Your body is being worked on from the inside of the sauna while you’re in this position. The chamber is filled with steam, even though it is not as hot as a regular ozone sauna. The healing effects begin as your skin warms up. Infrared heat fills the pod from near the floor.When the cells take in ozone, the additional oxygen reacts with the steam to produce carbonic acid, which relieves tension.
You spend 30 minutes in the chamber, enough to feel light, fresh, and clean. You feel deeply relaxed, joyful, alert, and well after being detoxified, rejuvenated, and oxygenated. These sensations get more intense with each session, and life takes on new significance.
HOCATT modalities. The shot-gun effect.
Throughout electrical, thermal and mechanical energy, HOCATT therapy leads to significant physiological changes.
These are the 9 HOCATT modalities provided by Ozone Therapy & Vitamins Center:
- Ozone Therapy (Transdermal ozone) -> generated from pure oxygen transdermal ozone removes harmful metals and chemicals within tissues, as well as the hostile organisms living alongside the toxins. It effectively oxygenates the tissues, boosts the immune system, and lowers pain and inflammation, allowing the body to regenerate.
- CO2 Therapy (Carbonic acid) -> increasing blood flow and oxygen delivery at cellular level
- Whole body hyperthermia -> infrared light and steam are used in this process. the infrared light has the purpose of providing delightful relaxation, warmth and relief to tense muscles. Steam adds moisture and warmth to the Hocatt chamber, allowing the other modalities to function more effectively.
- Microcurrent Therapy (Frequency specific microcurrents) -> accelerating regeneration
- Exercise with oxygen breathing -> burning up to 30% more calories
- Aromatherapy (Essential oil infusions) -> increasing the quality of sleep and life
- Photon Light Therapy (Photon light and colors) -> reducing stress and anxiety
- Far Infrared Therapy -> creating a positive effects for eyes and years
- Ultrasonic Cavitation -> radio frequencies and low-frequency ultrasonic waves form bubbles around fat deposits under the skin that burst, breaking the fat deposits into the interstitial and the lymphatic systems where they are drained. The fat deposits are changed into glycerol and free fatty acids. Glycerol is then reused by the body while free fatty acids travel to the liver and are excreted as waste.
What are the benefits of HOCATT?
Feeling better, looking better and performing better. How? By having more energy, focus and drive, everyone can benefit from this type of treatment.
These are the main benefits of the HOCATT therapy:
- Stimulating and supporting the immune system;
- Improving blood and lymph circulation;
- Enhancing the production of hormones and enzymes;
- Ensuring post-operative recovery;
- Relieving acute and chronic pain;
- Reducing stress and anxiety;
- Showing anti-aging effects;
- Increasing athletic performance;
- Stimulating mental clarity and memory.
How does HOCATT detoxify your body?
When it comes to detoxifying the body and binding heavy metals, the HOCATT treatment is 7 times more effective than traditional saunas. The ozonated steam that covers your skin while resting in the HOCATT, floods your body with SuperOxygen molecules. These binds to toxins and heavy metals allow your body to eliminate them more easily. You’ll also get to sweat away all the toxins since the HOCATT is a sauna chamber as well.
It may take a few sessions for your body to begin detoxifying after your initial HOCATT session, or it may take many sessions for your body to do so. To assist your system during the detox phase, drink 250ml water every 2 hours throughout the day.
What is the cost of HOCATT therapy?
Why spend money on several separate devices when you could get only one complex treatment? HOCATT encompasses 9 modalities for a powerful, collective outcome. The technology is affordable and extremely effective.
By making an appointment at Ozone Therapy & Vitamins Center, you get to choose your package.
HOCATT and its shot-gun effect VS infrared sauna
The HOCATT treatment has the effect of a shot-gun, since it uses numerous technologies at the same time. Nine modalities are used in a 20 minute session and they can all be adjusted according to your comfort level.
Infrared saunas have also proven to be effective in the treatment of chronic diseases, but in order to bring out health benefits, the length of time spent in a sauna is essential. In comparison to the 20 minutes spent in HOCATT, an infrared sauna requires more time. Furthermore, the body reacts to an elevated heart rate induced by high temperatures, which ranges from 100 to 150 beats per minute. HOCATT, on the other hand, uses nine different modalities at once, as you rest in a warm, relaxing environment.
What are the side effects of HOCATT?
Ozone therapy has been deemed one of the safest treatments with the fewest side effects. More than this, HOCATT has turned out to be complementary with conventional medication, often enhancing their efficacy.
With HOCATT therapy there is NO RISK.
If inhaled directly, ozone it irritates the lungs’ mucous membranes causing coughing, nausea, vomiting, headaches, or the Herxheimer reaction (flu-like symptoms). These effects are temporary. Long-term exposure can be harmful and might lead to severe respiratory complications.
With HOCATT, ozone is not inhaled directly. By dilating the skin pores and increasing circulation, carbonic acid prepares the body to readily absorb ozone through the skin.
There is no doubt that HOCATT therapy enhances the quality of your life by stimulating your immune system, boosting your vitality, and improving different health disorders.
If you are interested in the HOCATT therapy, book an appointment at Ozone Therapy & Vitamins Center via email, [email protected], or phone, +352 2600 8907.